Looking for a cute cupcake idea for Halloween? Well these adorable mummy cupcakes are to die for! It seems like most of my cupcakes tend to be more on the serious side, but not this time. These mummies will be the talk of the party you take them to!
INGREDIENTS & TOOLS
Below is a list of everything you will need to make these mummy cupcakes!
- Vanilla Cupcakes
- White Buttercream
- Candy Eyes
- Piping Bag
- Wilton #45 Basketweave Decorating Tip
- Cake Spatula
- Bake your favorite vanilla cupcake recipe. Set your cupcakes off to the side and let them cool.
- Make vanilla buttercream and put some in a small bowl and the rest in a piping bag with the Wilton #45 Basketweave decorating tip.
- Use the cake spatula to spread a thin layer of vanilla buttercream on the surface of the cupcake.
- Place two candy eyes about a 1/3 from the top of the edge of the cupcake.
- Use the piping bag with the decorating tip to create bandage strips, going at slight angles until the entire cupcake is covered, leaving the eyes visible.
- You now have a Mummy Cupcake!