In honor of Halloween, I thought a tutorial for a last minute decorating idea would be a wonderful idea! This decorating option is great for people that don’t necessarily like a lot of frosting on their cupcakes. I have had several people prefer the decadent chocolate ganache on top over layers of buttercream! These Chocolate Ganache Spider Webs are so simple, it is perfect for someone looking for a last minute decorating option for your upcoming Halloween gathering.
Below is a list of everything you will need to make these simple Chocolate Ganache Spiderwebs!
- Chocolate Cupcakes
- Chocolate Ganache
- White Chocolate (Melted)
- Piping Bag
- Bake your favorite chocolate cupcake recipe. Set your cupcakes off to the side and let them cool.
- Make chocolate ganache and put in a wide enough bowl to dip your cupcakes in.
- Melt the white chocolate and put it in a piping bag.
- Dip the top of your cupcakes in the chocolate ganache to create a smooth even layer of ganache, covering the entire cupcake.
- Cut a tiny bit of the tip off the piping bag with the melted white chocolate in it.
- Starting in the center of the cupcake, pipe a swirl from the center out towards the outer edges of the cupcake.
- Use the toothpick to drag the white chocolate from the middle to the edge of the cupcake. Repeat this step, making your way around the cupcake.
- You now have a Chocolate Ganache Spider Web on your cupcake!